We went downtown on our last day there, and there was a street-performer festival. Molly had a great view on her dad's shoulders. Ottawa is a beautiful city, and there is a lot to see and do.
This is a soldier that guards a tomb of an "unknown soldier". He is one of two that were standing guard. They stand absolutely still and stare straight ahead. I took a picture of him (which must get really annoying for them), but I was a tourist at the moment!! Anyway...Molly decides to climb on the tomb while we are not paying attention...AHHHH!!!! The soldier stomped his feet LOUDLY, and I grabbed Molly from the tomb...it was so embarassing. However, the next family to come up had a child who did the same thing...but this time not only did the soldier stomp his feet he yelled "GET OFF THE TOMB" in a very loud, booming voice. I was glad he didn't yell when Molly did it, because we would both need therapy...or a change of pants!!! Don't mess with these guys..or climb on the tomb if you visit Ottawa!!!!
Here is a picture of Molly standing in front of the canal. The canal stretches into the downtown of Ottawa, and in the winter it freezes. People will actually skate to work in the winter...what a commute.


0 comments:
Post a Comment