Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Such a Big Girl!!

My friend Jill was in town over the weekend, and we took Molly to get her ears pierced! Molly was given a stuffed bear to squeeze, and Jilly-Bean gave Molly a hug to calm her nerves. Molly has been noticing other ears with earrings, and had begun to inquire about her ears getting some jewelry.

This picture was taken right as the piercing gun was placed on her ear...Molly is a bit nervous, but able to put on a brave face!!!


Oh my...I don't think she realized the "small" pinch she felt. I would like to say she was ready for the second ear...but that was where the fun started. Molly decided she was NOT going to have the second ear pierced!! It was time for the bribes to begin.


If you look in her hands, she picked out a Disney magnet set...and I let her sit in my lap. This is a picture of me whispering a list of bribes in order for her to get the second earring. Notice how she is covering up her ear? She was not having any of it. All the customers in the store are looking at me like I am a horrible mom...pushing her kid into having her ears pierced. Believe me if it was the first one we would have walked away, but I wasn't about to leave with one earring in her ear. What did I do? I held her down and got the second ear pierced...

WHEW...All smiles after they were done. I will update with new photos of the earrings later.



What did I learn? Pierce ears when they are a baby...or have both ears done at the same time.

0 comments: